These Bakery-Style Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins will have you skipping your usual stop at the local bakery for breakfast and opting instead for homemade.
- Prepare: Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with silicone cupcake liners or paper cupcake liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside
- Make Muffin Batter: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. In a separate large bowl, mix together with a wooden spoon the vegetable oil, brown sugar, eggs, milk and sour cream until well incorporated. Add in the mashed banana until well combined. Gently fold in the dry ingredient mixture until no dry spots of flour are left. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Fill each cup of muffin tin about ⅔ of the way with muffin batter
- Bake: Bake for 5 minutes at 425ºF, then lower the oven temperature down to 350ºF for another 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the center muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool in muffin tins for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- Store in airtight container or ziptop storage bag at room temperature for up to one week
- To freeze, wrap each muffin tightly in plastic wrap and store in a ziptop storage bag that’s freezer-safe for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight or warm gently in the microwave for 1 minute on 50% power or until muffin is defrosted and warmed through. Be careful as the chocolate may be hot and will certainly be melty!
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana muffins, banana chocolate chip muffins, bakery-style banana muffins, breakfast ideas, chocolate chip muffins, sweet muffins, breakfast muffins, caramel banana, best banana muffins, easy banana muffins, moist banana muffins, banana oat muffins, banana muffins bakery style