Looking for something other than plain eggs to eat for breakfast? Something that’s protein-rich and satisfies but is gluten-free, too? Well, I’ve got it here for you, my friend! How does Breakfast Pizza sound? How about if I told you it’s made with gluten-free cauliflower crust and loaded up with fluffy eggs, bacon and even a little bit of cheese? This Cauliflower Crust Breakfast Pizza makes for one helluva satisfying breakfast, starting your day out just right.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza isn’t just for dinner for anymore
Are you all over this cauliflower craze like I am? Cauliflower is such a great paleo-friendly, gluten-free substitution for breads and crusts and even crackers. I started trying it out for meals other than dinner and it works so well. The crust is entirely customizable and like a blank canvas.
Now lemme tell ya, I’ve had some delicious breakfast pizza in my day, made with homemade pizza dough (heavy on the gluten!) and topped with eggs and meat and cheese. So, I figured why not start with a gluten-free cauliflower crust and make a paleo-ish breakfast pizza loaded up with protein and sprinkled with some cheese? And that, my friend, is just what I did. I’m not sorry one little bit about it either. Only sorry I didn’t make this waaaaaay sooner!
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Don’t be tempted to make your own cauliflower pizza crust for this recipe. Or any recipe, for that matter! Of course this is just my opinion, however, cauliflower crust is very difficult to get just right. And it’s an awful lot of work. The likelihood it’ll hold the toppings on this pizza is very small. There are lots of great brands out there and more coming on the market everyday, it seems. You’re bound to find one that you like and that is free of any ingredients you don’t wish to have in there
- Have your ingredients prepared ahead of time for this recipe. It all comes together quickly, so you’ll want to have the bacon cooked and crumbled, the eggs cracked and ready to scramble and the cheese shredded before you begin cooking the dish
- This breakfast pizza makes for great leftovers! My recommendation for reheating is to skip the microwave and instead opt for a dry skillet. It sounds crazy, but works really well. Place the number of slices you wish to reheat in a dry skillet over low to medium heat. The crust will crisp up and the toppings will warm through nicely
Like this recipe? Follow me on Pinterest for lots more recipes just like this one! And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on one of the images below the recipe. Or, click on any of the images in this post to save to Pinterest.
If you are looking for more Paleo or Gluten-free breakfast recipe ideas, try my Paleo Sandwich Bread toasted with some Paleo Peach Jam, Paleo Apple Muffins, or Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips!
Useful Kitchen Tools for this recipePrint
This Gluten-free Cauliflower Crust Breakfast Pizza makes for one helluva satisfying breakfast, starting your day out just right.
- 1 frozen prepared plain cauliflower pizza crust, such as Caulipower or Trader Joe’s
- 6 large organic free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 6 slices nitrate-free bacon or turkey bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese or dairy-free cheese
- Bake Crust: Preheat oven to 425ºF. Place frozen cauliflower crust on a baking sheet. Bake 12-13 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside
- Prepare Eggs: In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt the ghee over medium heat. Add eggs and scramble over medium heat until set. Spoon cooked eggs evenly over cauliflower crust. Sprinkle with bacon and top with cheese. Return to oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and cut into slices
- Leftover pieces of pizza should be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerated up to 3 days. Reheat in a dry skillet over low heat or in a toaster oven
- Category: Gluten-Free, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Gluten-free
Keywords: gluten free breakfast pizza, breakfast pizza recipe, cauliflower crust pizza, Trader Joe’s cauliflower crust, cauliflower recipe, cauliflower breakfast recipe, gluten free breakfast recipe, gluten free pizza, egg recipe, clean eating, clean eats, dairy free recipe, dairy free breakfast recipe
Notice: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. By clicking on any of these links, you are consenting to us to place cookies on your browser.