Looking for something other than plain eggs to eat for breakfast? Something that’s protein-rich and satisfies but is gluten-free, too? Well, I’ve got it here for you, my friend! How does Breakfast Pizza sound? How about if I told you it’s made with gluten-free cauliflower crust and loaded up with fluffy eggs, bacon and even a little bit of cheese? This Cauliflower Crust Breakfast Pizza makes for one helluva satisfying breakfast, starting your day out just right.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza isn’t just for dinner for anymore
Are you all over this cauliflower craze like I am? Cauliflower is such a great paleo-friendly, gluten-free substitution for breads and crusts and even crackers. I started trying it out for meals other than dinner and it works so well. The crust is entirely customizable and like a blank canvas.
Now lemme tell ya, I’ve had some delicious breakfast pizza in my day, made with homemade pizza dough (heavy on the gluten!) and topped with eggs and meat and cheese. So, I figured why not start with a gluten-free cauliflower crust and make a paleo-ish breakfast pizza loaded up with protein and sprinkled with some cheese? And that, my friend, is just what I did. I’m not sorry one little bit about it either. Only sorry I didn’t make this waaaaaay sooner!
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Don’t be tempted to make your own cauliflower pizza crust for this recipe. Or any recipe, for that matter! Of course this is just my opinion, however, cauliflower crust is very difficult to get just right. And it’s an awful lot of work. The likelihood it’ll hold the toppings on this pizza is very small. There are lots of great brands out there and more coming on the market everyday, it seems. You’re bound to find one that you like and that is free of any ingredients you don’t wish to have in there
- Have your ingredients prepared ahead of time for this recipe. It all comes together quickly, so you’ll want to have the bacon cooked and crumbled, the eggs cracked and ready to scramble and the cheese shredded before you begin cooking the dish
- This breakfast pizza makes for great leftovers! My recommendation for reheating is to skip the microwave and instead opt for a dry skillet. It sounds crazy, but works really well. Place the number of slices you wish to reheat in a dry skillet over low to medium heat. The crust will crisp up and the toppings will warm through nicely
Like this recipe? Follow me on Pinterest for lots more recipes just like this one! And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on one of the images below the recipe. Or, click on any of the images in this post to save to Pinterest.
If you are looking for more Paleo or Gluten-free breakfast recipe ideas, try my Paleo Sandwich Bread toasted with some Paleo Peach Jam, Paleo Apple Muffins, or Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips!
Useful Kitchen Tools for this recipe
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories332
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9.5g 48%
- Cholesterol 215.1mg 72%
- Sodium 978mg 41%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 13.5g 27%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Notice: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. By clicking on any of these links, you are consenting to us to place cookies on your browser.