Chocolate Chip Cookies
The elusive best chocolate chip cookie recipe. It’s been searched for high and low, experimented with since the dawn of time (presumably), and many claim to have the best and many do! This is MY best and, turns out, a fave of many family and friends, so I wanted to share it with you.
- Author: Kim | kickassbaker.com
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 25 cookies 1x
- Category: Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (if you have convection, turn it on). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats
- Prepare Dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add cubed butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Turn mixer on low for a few seconds, then gradually increase speed to medium-high, mixing for about 3-4 minutes until well incorporated and fluffy. Turn mixer to low and add egg and egg yolk then vanilla. Mix on medium for about 30 seconds until well incorporated, stopping to scrape down the sides and bottom with a rubber spatula, as needed. With mixer off, add in both flours, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Turn mixer on low and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Add in chocolate chips. Turn mixer off and knead dough bit to ensure chocolate chips are evenly incorporated. Portion dough into 2 ounce size balls, rolling between your palms to ensure a smooth ball. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets
- Bake: Bake in preheated oven for 4-5 minutes if using convection (7-8 minutes in conventional oven) then rotate baking trays and bake for another 4-5 minutes for convection (7-8 minutes for conventional). Allow to cool for a few minutes on trays then transfer to wire racks
These cookies can be frozen and baked later or just a few at a time (one the best ways to do it!) – after you roll the dough into balls, place on baking sheet in a single layer and into the freezer for at least an hour. Transfer to freezer-safe ziplock bag for up to 3 months. I prefer to bring the cookie dough up to room temperature before baking. Inspired by Levain Bakery and A Bountiful Kitchen.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, cookies, levain copycat, recipe, best recipe, easy recipe