I could eat this salad all summer. Watermelon, the quintessential summer fruit, pairs so well with briny feta and fresh mint to bring together a mouthful of happiness in every refreshing bite.
You will make this salad again and again this summer. It comes together quickly, too, and no oven required. Does it get any better than that for a summer recipe? Not in my book!
I’ve already made this salad three times and it’s technically not even summer yet. I made it when my sister and my mom came over for lunch recently, made it again for lunch with my knitting friends and once again this week when my wonderful friend-turned-neighbor brought over half a watermelon for me just because she had extra and wanted to share. I have the best friends!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you.
The only downside to me making this salad is that my kids and husband try to eat all the watermelon before I can throw together the fixings for the dressing and toss it all together! Plus, this recipe is too “fancy” for them. Ugh… this is my life – I make delicious food, sometimes they try it, sometimes they don’t. If they try it and like it, they probably won’t eat anymore of it. If they try it and don’t like it, they definitely won’t eat anymore of it. Does anyone else have this problem with their family?? Sometimes I’m okay with this because it means more for me. In other cases, I end up giving away my goodies to friends, neighbors, our babysitter, strangers..
I’ve seen this watermelon salad made with arugula before. And while I am all for getting my greens in, and I particularly like arugula for it’s peppery flavor, I prefer this salad without the added greens. It can be served as side dish this way, too, which I like. A salad minus the salad part is the best kind, in my opinion.
And, for another easy summery salad recipe, check out my Avocado Corn Salad with White Balsamic Honey Reduction – it’s always a crowd-pleaser at my summer picnics and pool parties!
Like this recipe? Follow me on Pinterest for lots more recipes. And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on the image below the recipe or by clicking on any of the images in this post!
Refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint
Salty, tangy feta mixes with sweet watermelon and fresh mint to bring you a true taste of summer in every refreshing bite. Just delicious and the perfect salad to bring along to your summer BBQs and potlucks.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: About 6 cups 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
For the dressing:
- juice of ½ a navel orange (about ¼ cup)
- juice of 2 lemons (about ¼ cup)
- 1 large shallot, minced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 tablespoon raw, unfiltered honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
For the salad:
- 6 cups seedless watermelon, cut into small cubes
- 12 ounces feta cheese, diced into small cubes
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly. Set aside in a mason jar and cover with lid
- Make the salad: In a large bowl, stir together gently the watermelon, feta, and mint. Give mason jar a good shake and drizzle salad with dressing just to coat. Toss lightly, being sure to coat all ingredients well. Adjust amount of dressing and salt/pepper as desired.
- Serve and enjoy the refreshingness!
- I like to make this salad ahead of time, leaving all of the salad components and dressing stored in separate containers until just before serving
- You will most likely have extra dressing. Store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to two weeks
- Recipe inspired by and adapted from Ina Garten
Keywords: watermelon mint feta salad, refreshing summer salads, summer salad recipes, potluck recipes, easy salad recipes, watermelon salad, feta cheese, fresh mint, homemade salad dressing, orange, lemon, shallot, olive oil, ina garden watermelon salad recipe, barefoot contessa watermelon salad recipe
Notice: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.