This Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Bacon Sage Sauce is paleo-friendly, gluten-free, and dairy-free and it's super quick and easy to put together, making it perfect for dinner on weeknights.
- Cook Bacon: In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, add diced bacon and sauté until crispy (about 4-5 minutes). Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Reserve bacon drippings in pan or in a heat proof bowl
- Cook Gnocchi: Heat a nonstick pan to medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of reserved bacon drippings to pan. Add in sweet potato gnocchi in a single layer. Sauté until golden brown on all sides, stirring frequently to ensure all sides get brown, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside
- Sauté: In the same pan heated to medium-high heat, add 1 teaspoon of reserved bacon drippings and red onion. Sauté until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add ghee to pan and melt. Add sage and nutmeg and stir to incorporate. Remove sauce from the heat.
- Toss together: Toss cooked sweet potato gnocchi, sage ghee sauce, and bacon together in pan or a bowl and serve. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese (omit if dairy-free)
If you have any leftovers, reheat in a sauté pan over medium-low heat for a few minutes. Or, stick in the microwave for a couple of minutes
Recipe adapted from JoyfulHealthyEats.com
- Category: Paleo, Gluten-free
- Method: Stovetop Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato, gnocchi, pasta, paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, dairy-free, dinner