Servings: 24 servings
- 6 pounds apples peeled, cored, and cut into 8 slices each
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
Carefully puree in a food processor or blender (fill only halfway, splitting into two portions, if needed) until desired consistency is reached.
- This applesauce will keep well in the fridge for awhile if stored in jars with tightly fitted lids
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.8g | Protein: 0.3g | Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 2.4mg | Fiber: 2.8g | Sugar: 14.7g