- 12 Oreo cookies whole
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- Pinch salt
- 12 Oreo cookies halved, for decoration
Add the oreo cookies to a food processor. Grind until fine crumbs have formed. Set aside
In a small measuring cup, mix together the heavy cream and vanilla. Set aside
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter at medium-high speed for 3-4 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, adding a bit of the heavy cream and vanilla between each addition. Mix until the sugar is well incorporated with the butter. Mix in the salt. Turn the mixer to high and beat for 30 - 60 seconds.
Turn the mixer to low speed and add the crushed Oreos to the frosting. Slowly mix the crumbs into the frosting then beat at a high speed for 60 seconds.
With a large piping bag fitted with a large piping tip or with an offset spatula, pipe or spread the frosting onto cupcakes or cake. Place a halved Oreo into the frosting for decoration.
- Store prepared frosting in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature and mix well with a rubber spatula before using
- Frosting may be frozen in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw to room temperature and mix well with a rubber spatula before using
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 373IU | Vitamin C: 0.01mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg