1. You make them yourself so you know exactly what goes into them
2. You don't have to worry about popping that scary cardboard tube of cinnamon rolls open with a knife or a spoon.
3. You get to decide exactly how much cream cheese icing gets slathered all over your warm, fresh-out-of-the oven cinnamon buns.
4. Your house will smell like a bakery.
5. You don't have to think ahead and prepare anything the night before!
Mix the dough and letting it rest for a few minutes while you make the filling. The filling is a simple mixture of cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle on top of butter. Mmmmmm!
Roll the dough into a rectangle, spread the butter on top then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll it up from the long end, pinch the seams, and cut into 11-12 individual rolls.
Allow these to rise for 25 minutes then bake. When they're baking, mix up the very best part - cream cheese topping!
Once you have rolled your dough up with the filling, it's easiest and best to use unflavored, unwaxed dental floss to cut the dough into individual rolls, preventing the dough from getting squished down.
To get a good rise on your cinnamon rolls in a short time, I recommend placing the covered pan in a slightly warm oven.