Breakfast sandwiches have never looked this good! Or tasted this fine. Or been this satisfying. And they’re completely gluten-free, too! As a mostly Paleo dieter and almost always gluten-free, the thought of having a sandwich for breakfast, piled high with eggs and cheese and bacon and toasted to perfection is not something I would think to be possible. Until now! These egg white breakfast sandwiches are what your gluten-free breakfast dreams are made of.
How to make Weekday Breakfasts Easier
I have gotten my lunch and even my dinner meal prep down to a science. I cut up loads of veggies, I package up my salad fixins and dressings for the week in tupperware, and I roast my chicken, dividing it into easy-to-grab portions so I don’t even have to think about dinners during the week. Breakfast, on the other hand, is constantly a struggle. It inevitably happens that I think I’ll be okay getting up and making a protein shake everyday of the week. But inevitably two days in and I’ve already forgotten to wash the blender pitcher from the day before. Or, I’m sick of the flavors I’ve bought. Or the shakes just aren’t cutting it anymore, leaving my stomach growling and searching for a snack at 9:32am.
Meal prepping breakfast for the win
In comes these make-ahead breakfast sandwiches to make my dreams come true. They’re hearty and satisfying and oh-so-tasty. And prepping these ahead of time couldn’t be easier. Egg whites whisked with some coconut milk makes for a fluffy and delightful filling. Add in some bacon and some wilted spinach cooked in bacon fat and you’ve got yourself a real winner. The best part about these breakfast sandwiches is that the recipe makes more than a week’s worth at a time. And they freeze really well. Just pop one in the toaster before getting in the shower in the morning. By the time your hair is dried, you have yourself a hot, delicious breakfast waiting for you. No hunger pains mid-morning any longer!
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Generously oiling the baking pan will help you enormously when it comes time to get the cooked eggs out of the pan. I like to use a neutral tasting oil such as avocado. Avocado oil is also paleo-friendly. Feel free to use vegetable, grapeseed or even macadamia oil. I would avoid using olive oil as it may alter the flavor of your eggs
- Cooking the eggs in a 13×9 inch pan produces thicker egg rounds. If you prefer more egg rounds that are also thinner, you can use a baking sheet instead. You should be able to get about 12 egg rounds by using a baking sheet
- When cutting the egg rounds, I like to use the lid of a mason jar or cookie cutter. I cut out the rounds first, then lift them out of the pan using a small offset spatula. After cutting out 6 rounds, you may not have enough room to cut out additional rounds, however, you’ll have enough egg left in the pan to cut out half rounds and place them together on a muffin. They don’t have to be perfect, they’ll still taste just as good if they’re not in perfect rounds
Like this recipe? Follow me on Pinterest for lots more recipes just like this one! And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on one of the images below the recipe. Or, click on any of the images in this post to save to Pinterest.
If you are looking for more Paleo or Gluten-free breakfast recipe ideas, try my Paleo Sandwich Bread toasted with some Paleo Peach Jam, Paleo Apple Muffins, or Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips!
Useful Kitchen Tools for This RecipePrint
Make-ahead Egg White Breakfast Sandwiches (Gluten-free)
These make-ahead egg white breakfast sandwiches are what your gluten-free breakfast dreams are made of.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 sandwiches 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Gluten-free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 – 24 ounce carton egg whites
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 6 slices nitrate-free bacon or turkey bacon
- 2 handfuls of organic spinach
- 8 gluten-free English muffins, thawed, if frozen
- 8 slices cheese, such as cheddar or swiss, or vegan cheese (optional)
- ghee, room temperature (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Generously oil a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Set aside
- Bake the Egg White Rounds: Whisk together egg whites, coconut milk, and salt. Set aside. Cut the bacon into small pieces. Fry in a heavy skillet until crispy. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Using tongs, let excess fat drip off for a few seconds before adding your bacon and spinach to the egg mixture.Pour the egg mixture into the oiled baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes, until eggs are just set. Remove, cool, and cut into rounds using a wide mason jar lid or round cookie cutter
- Assemble Sandwiches: Spread English muffins with ghee (optional) and place an egg white round on each one. Add cheese and wrap in foil. Refrigerate up to 4-5 days or freeze. To reheat, use a toaster oven, regular oven, toaster, or microwave. Put the sandwiches open face or leave them wrapped in foil. If using the oven, preheat to 425 degrees F and place breakfast sandwich wrapped in foil into the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes. For a more toasted English muffin with crispy edges, unwrap sandwich and open it up (egg on one half, cheese on the other) and broil for 3-5 mins until heated and crispy. If frozen, allow sandwich to thaw in the fridge overnight and follow the instructions above to reheat or leave it in the oven a little longer, about 30 minutes
- Refrigerate up to 4-5 days or freeze
- To reheat, use a toaster oven, regular oven, toaster, or microwave. Put the sandwiches open face or leave them wrapped in foil. If using the oven, preheat to 425 degrees F and place breakfast sandwich wrapped in foil into the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes. For a more toasted English muffin with crispy edges, unwrap sandwich and open it up (egg on one half, cheese on the other) and broil for 3-5 mins until heated and crispy. If frozen, allow sandwich to thaw in the fridge overnight and follow the instructions above to reheat or leave it in the oven a little longer, about 30 minutes
- Recipe adapted from Pinchofyum.com
Keywords: gluten free breakfast, breakfast ideas, breakfast sandwich recipe, egg white breakfast sandwich, make ahead breakfast, meal prep, breakfast meal prep idea, breakfast meal prep recipe, gluten free, dairy free, nut free
Notice: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. By clicking on any of these links, you are consenting to us to place cookies on your browser.