Even us Paleo junkies want a piece of the (pumpkin) pie this time of year (gotta love a good pun!). So I baked up this Paleo friendly Pumpkin Muffin recipe. And, of course, added in some dairy-free chocolate chips for good measure cuz every good muffin recipe needs chocolate!
When I’m looking for a quick weekday breakfast or a snack to satisfy my late afternoon chocolate craving (who am I kidding? this can happen anytime, not just late afternoon!), this Pumpkin Muffin recipe is my go-to! I like to warm it in the toaster oven for a minute or so, just till the chocolate chips are melty and gooey, then dig in with a nice hot steaming cup of tea. And, you know what? It’s totally Paleo diet compliant!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you.
This recipe does not require a mixer – just a couple of bowls, a bunch of Paleo-friendly ingredients, and you’re off to the races. Another awesome fact about this recipe is that it’s nut-free. There are a ton of Paleo muffin recipes out there, but unfortunately, most of them contain nuts, something I try to avoid in my house because of my daughter’s allergy. So, this recipe checks both the Paleo box and the nut-free box, making it, well, kick ass!
Now, I’ve made this recipe with both dairy-free chocolate chips (pictured) and dairy-free chocolate chunks. I tend to prefer the chunks. Here is a link to my fave brand – they’re dairy-free, nut-free, and soy-free and they take up a lot of space in these muffins, which means more chocolate in every bite – how kickass is that?!
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips
Even us Paleo junkies want a piece of the Pumpkin pie this time of year. So I baked up this Paleo friendly Pumpkin Muffin recipe. And added in some dairy-free chocolate chips for good measure cuz every good muffin recipe needs chocolate!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Paleo muffins
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened canned coconut milk (stirred well)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line with silicone liners 12 muffin cups in a muffin tin
- Prepare the muffin batter: In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut flour, coconut palm sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut milk until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add in the melted coconut oil and stir until smooth. Fold in the chocolate
- Bake & Cool: Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into prepared muffin pan so each muffin cup is about two-thirds full. Bake in preheated oven for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan then transfer to wire rack
- These taste best when warm and the chocolate is melty!
- To store, wrap individually in plastic wrap and place in fridge or freezer. They keep really well in the freezer for several months. To serve, warm in toaster oven at 350 degrees for 1-2 minutes or microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power
- Recipe adapted from Super Paleo Snacks cookbook
Keywords: paleo, pumpkin, muffins, fall, chocolate chip muffins, dairy free, nut free