I’m just over here savoring all the summer fruit goodness August has to offer. Peaches are my jam for sure. If you’re like me and you tend to overdo it at the farmer’s market this time of year, buying up all the fresh, juicy peaches and stone fruit you can get your hands on, then realizing you can’t possibly eat it all, this Peach Jam recipe is your solution.
I can’t help it, I love peaches. And I’m the only one in my family who eats them, so this causes a bit of an issue when I see how many I actually bought versus how many I can actually eat. Instead of doing the unthinkable, aka throwing out summer’s bounty, I found a way to preserve my ripe peaches in the form of jam. Most importantly, the best part is this peach jam is not loaded with sugar and pectin like so many recipes out there. Besides that, this peach jam is paleo-friendly, has just the right amount of sweetness, and allows me to prolong my love for all things stone fruit for quite a bit longer.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you.
So here’s why I love this recipe
As you can see from the recipe, this peach jam could not be any easier to prepare:
- It allows me to use up my ripe peaches before I can eat them all
- Keeps really well in the freezer so I can enjoy it even as the weather starts to get cooler
- Paleo-friendly so I don’t have to worry about loads of added sugar
This recipe is just two simple ingredients – ripe peaches and coconut sugar. That’s it! How easy is that? So honestly, the hardest part is peeling the peaches and if you don’t mind the added texture of it in your jam, you don’t even need to go through the hassle of peeling. Bam! Just like that, you have captured one of the best flavors of late summer. Spread it on toast, muffins, top your ice cream, eat it by the spoonful. I won’t judge. I’ll just be over here licking the jar : )
If you’re interested in more Paleo-ish breakfast or snack recipes, check out my easy recipe for Granola – it’s gluten-free and nut-free!Print
Peach Jam (Paleo-friendly)
This small batch peach jam helps you savor the flavors of summer long after the season has ended. And, it’s paleo-friendly which means you can enjoy it without worrying about all the added sugar in commercial jams.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1/3 cup 1x
- Category: Jam
- Method: Stovetop cook
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cups peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Place the peaches and coconut sugar in a small saucepan and heat over medium, mashing to break down the peaches
- Continue to cook about 5-10 minutes until consistency is thicker and more jam-like. If mixture begins to burn or stick to the pan, add a bit of water (up to 1 teaspoon)
- Allow jam to cool. It will thicken more as it cools. Spread on your favorite toast or eat by the spoonful!
- This recipe makes about 1/3 cup of jam. It can be easily doubled or tripled
- Jam can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 weeks or frozen. If freezing, be sure to leave about ½ -1 inch headroom to allow for expansion. Jam will keep in the freezer for about a year
- Adapted from Paleo Running Momma.
Keywords: peach jam, paleo, summer recipes, peaches
Notice: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. By clicking on any of these links, you are consenting to us to place cookies on your browser.