Whip up this sweet dip in 10 minutes for your next party! Whipped Chocolate Chip Dip is a no bake recipe for delicious dessert dip that will be a huge hit with any sweet tooth in your life. A mixer is needed to make this easy recipe into a fluffy, pillowy, and smooth dessert dip.
This recipe is similar to the viral TikTok recipe for Booty Dip, but it is made using only simple ingredients, without cool whip or marshmallow fluff. Serve with your favorite fruit or graham crackers for dipping. Yields 1 ½ cups of dip.
Please note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made by clicking the links in my post.
Ingredients needed to make cream cheese chocolate chip dip
- Cream cheese: Use regular cream cheese or brick-style cream cheese to make this cream cheese dessert dip recipe. Do not use whipped cream cheese as it will change the consistency of this no bake dessert dip. Be sure to remove the cream cheese from the fridge at least 30-60 minutes prior to making this dessert dip recipe to allow it to come to room temperature. If the cream cheese is too cold, it will not blend well and you will be left with chunks of cream cheese throughout the dip.
- Butter: I recommend using unsalted butter for this copycat booty dip recipe. Similar to the cream cheese, be sure to remove the butter from the fridge at least 30-60 minutes prior to making this recipe to bring it to room temperature. This will ensure the butter blends smoothly into the cream cheese. If you only have salted butter, go ahead and use, but omit the added salt in the recipe.
- Powdered sugar: otherwise known as confectioners sugar. If your sugar is particularly lumpy, I would recommend sifting it before adding it to the butter cream cheese mixture to avid clumps of powdered sugar in the dip.
- Heavy cream: Using heavy cream will allow this recipe to whip into a pillowy, fluffy dip. I would not recommend substituting with milk or non dairy milk for this recipe.
- Brown sugar: The addition of 1 tablespoon brown sugar adds a delicious caramel flavor to this sweet cream cheese dip. If you are out of brown sugar, you can certainly leave it out without sacrificing flavor.
- Vanilla extract
- Salt: It may seem contradictory to add salt to a sweet fruit dip recipe, however, the pinch of salt helps to balance out the sweetness of this creamy dip. The dip will not taste salty at all.
- Mini chocolate chips: I like to use semisweet chocolate chips for this recipe. Regular chocolate chips may also be used, however, I find they're just too big for this fluffy dip and weigh it down. If you only have regular sized chocolate chips, go ahead and use them!
How to make chocolate chip cream cheese dip
Follow these simple steps to make this super easy dessert recipe:
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or in a large bowl with an electric or hand mixer, add the butter and cream cheese. Whip the butter and cream cheese until well blended and smooth. Stop the mixer and scrap down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure the mixture is thoroughly mixed.
Add the heavy cream and vanilla and whip again until evenly incorporated, about 30-60 seconds.
With the mixer off, add in the powdered sugar, brown sugar and salt to the cream cheese mixture. Blend on low for 30 seconds to allow the sugar to incorporate and not fly all over your kitchen. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
Whip on medium speed for about one minute more until the mixture is light and fluffy.
With the mixer off, add the mini chocolate chips. Use a rubber spatula to fold the chocolate chips into the cream cheese base.
Transfer the dip into a serving bowl, top with extra mimi chocolate chips, and serve with cookies or fruit for dipping.
FOR ALL MY FAVORITE BAKING TOOLS INCLUDING THOSE USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE, CHECK OUT MY BAKING RESOURCES PAGE!
How to store this chocolate chip dip recipe
Store leftover dip in the fridge in an airtight container or a bowl wrapped tightly with plastic wrap. This dip will keep in the fridge for up to one week. I would not recommend freezing cream cheese dip.
What to serve with creamy Chocolate Chip Dip
Serve with your favorite dippers such as:
- graham crackers and/or teddy grahams
- animal crackers
- vanilla wafers such as Nila Wafers
- stroopwafels (this is our favorite!)
- pretzel rods
- fresh fruit such as strawberries, apple slices
- 4 ounces cream cheese brick-style, room temperature
- ¼ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- pinch salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until well blended. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure the mixture is evenly mixed.4 ounces cream cheese, ¼ cup unsalted butter
- Add heavy cream and vanilla and whisk until smooth and fluffy.½ cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add powdered sugar, brown sugar, and salt to the cream cheese mixture. Blend on low for 30 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.⅓ cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, pinch salt
- Beat on medium speed for about one minute until light and fluffy.
- Add mini chocolate chips and use the spatula to fold them into the cream cheese mixture.½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with cookies or fruit for dipping.
- Store in an in the fridge for up to one week
- Do not freeze