Bringing delicious summer fruit to a fun dessert recipe, satisfying both kids and adults! These Blueberry Whoopie Pies are light and bursting with blueberry flavor.
They’re filled with a layer of quick blueberry jam and light whipped cream, making them a perfect summertime dessert.
Blueberry Whoopie Pies are an Ideal Summer Dessert
Summertime calls for desserts that incorporate the seasonal ingredients like juicy, ripe blueberries. They’re inexpensive this time of year and bursting with flavor.
It’s also a time to make light desserts that won’t weigh you, your guests, family, or friends down in the summer heat. These Blueberry Whoopie Pies check all those boxes!
What are Whoopie Pies?
Whoopie pies are light cakes with a cream filling sandwiched in the middle. Whoopie pies are light cakes with a cream filling sandwiched in the middle. Oftentimes whoopie pies have a marshmallow fluff like filling, which I find to be super sweet.
For this recipe, I wanted to hold onto the essence of whoopie pies, but create a version that doesn’t give me a cavity just looking at it. I used a mixture of Domino® Golden Sugar plus Domino® Light Brown Sugar to create a soft cake. Domino® Golden Sugar is made from pure cane sugar. It’s a less-processed, great-tasting sugar that works cup-for-cup like any white granulated sugar. It also has a hint of molasses that adds depth to any recipe!
Then, instead of using marshmallow fluff, I buffed tradition and used a whipped cream filling, sweetened with Domino® Confectioners Sugar and a bit of cream cheese to give the filling stability and a slight tang that pairs really well with the blueberry flavor.
The Secret Layer of Flavor that Makes These Whoopie Pies Irresistible
Let’s utilize blueberries in as many ways as we can in this recipe, shall we? Why not! They’re practically begging to be grabbed up at the farmer’s market this time of year and used to add loads of fresh, seasonal flavor to all kinds of recipes.
In comes the layer of blueberry jam in these Blueberry Whoopie Pies! Yep, I did that.
I not only added fresh blueberries into and on top of these whoopie pies, but I also made a quick blueberry jam and added a layer into the middle of the whoopie pie along with the whipped cream filling.
This blueberry jam literally takes this blueberry whoopie pie from pretty good to OMG. One amazing summertime dessert that must be made and consumed by all your closest friends and family ASAP!
They’re a little bit tart, a little bit sweet from the addition of Domino® Golden Sugar, and concentrated with tons of blueberry flavor!
Tips for Making Blueberry Whoopie Pies
- Buy fresh blueberries, if you can. I know they’re not as readily available or as inexpensive in other places as they are in the northeast. If you can get them, and they’re in season, do yourself a favor and use fresh. If you can’t get them or they’re too expensive or they’re out of season, buy frozen. Thaw them according to the directions and use as directed in the recipe. It’ll still taste mighty fine
- Prior to making the whipped cream filling, chill your mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Also be sure you use cold cream, straight from the fridge. The coldness helps the whipped cream to come together much faster, allows for maximum yield in terms of volume, and ensures a smooth, pleasant texture in your finished product. No grainy, limp whipped cream here!
- These whoopie pies are best served the same day they’re made. If serving another day, keep the cakes, whipped cream filling and jam separate and assemble just before serving. Components will keep in the fridge separately for up to 2-3 days
- If you have leftovers, store them in the fridge with a piece of plastic wrapped draped loosely over top, as you don’t want the plastic to stick to the top of the cakes. The plastic wrap will surely pull some of tops of the cakes right off when you remove it.
Like this recipe? Follow me on Pinterest for lots more recipes just like this one! And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on one of the images below the recipe. Or, click on any of the images in this post to save to Pinterest.
Looking for more summer dessert recipes? Give these a try:
- Grilled Peaches with Honey and Ice Cream
- S'mores Rice Krispie Treats
- No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Caramel S'mores Bars
16 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories283
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 7.2g 36%
- Cholesterol 44mg 15%
- Sodium 162.8mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 5%
- Sugars 25.1g
- Protein 3.6g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER! PIN THE IMAGE BELOW TO PINTEREST
Notice: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. By clicking on any of these links, you are consenting to us to place cookies on your browser.