Ever thought about grilling your dessert? The height of Summer calls for all parts of the meal to be thrown on the grill and spent outdoors! Slice up some juicy, ripe peaches, pair them with a high-quality, fruity olive oil, get them smokey from a few minutes on the grill and you’ve got yourself one fine Summer dessert! Go the extra mile by topping the grilled peaches with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a generous drizzle of honey and we’re in summertime heaven. You will love the
Please note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made by clicking the links in my post.
Easy Summer Dessert Idea using Peaches
Honestly, there's nothing easier than grilled peaches as a quick and delicious summer dessert recipe. There's no hot oven that needs to be turned on, no waiting until something is baked and cooled.
And, if you're entertaining, there's nothing worse than being stuck inside the kitchen while your guests are enjoying themselves on the back deck or in the pool. This peach dessert recipe puts you on the back deck, socializing and enjoying the summer weather with your friends - right where you should be!
And this recipe takes all of 20 minutes start to finish. That includes the 15 minutes it takes to heat up your grill!
How to Grill Peaches
This summer recipe is barely even a recipe, it's that easy to throw together! The most important steps in creating this dessert are to have juicy, ripe peaches and a hot grill. That's it!
Start by firing up your grill on high heat. Let it heat up for a good 15 minutes. Note, I have a gas grill and this is how I do it. If you have a different type of grill or you're using an indoor grill pan, use the method that works best for your grill.
Meanwhile, prepare the peaches. Slice each one in half, remove the pits and discard them.
Next, brush each peach half with good quality fruity olive oil. Place the peaches flesh side down on the preheated grill and leave them there for 4-5 minutes.
Remove from the grill and serve each peach half with a big ol' scoop of ice cream and a good drizzle of honey.
Tips for Making Grilled Peaches
- It all starts with fresh, juicy, ripe peaches! If your peaches are still rock hard, they will not produce the best tasting grilled peaches. A tip for helping your peaches get ripe faster is to place them in a brown paper bag in a cool, dark spot. This does take a couple of days, so keep that in mind
- Use a good quality, fruity olive oil to complement the flavor of the peaches. I really like this brand, but of course you can use whatever you have or whatever you most prefer
- You'll know the peaches are done when the flesh releases easily from the grill. If you slide a spatula under the peaches and they are sticking to the grill, give them another minute and they should release more easily
Like this Grilled Peaches with Honey and Ice Cream recipe? Follow me on Pinterest for lots more recipes just like this one! And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on one of the images below the recipe. Or, click on any of the images in this post to save to Pinterest.
Looking for more Summer recipes? Give these a try:
- S'mores Ice Cream
- Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- White Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream
- Caramel S'mores Bars
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories217
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6.4g 32%
- Cholesterol 52.2mg 18%
- Sodium 34.8mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 5%
- Sugars 22.4g
- Protein 2.7g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Save this recipe for later! Pin the image below to Pinterest
Notice: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. By clicking on any of these links, you are consenting to us to place cookies on your browser.