Are you an ice cream lover? Are you a lover of easy recipes? K, good cuz then you're in the right place. Making ice cream at home could not be simpler than this No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream recipe!
Just a few ingredients (seriously!) and you're in business. Creamy, rich, frozen deliciousness served up and ready to be drizzled, sprinkled or coned. (yes that's a word)
Please note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made by clicking the links in my post.
To Use an Ice Cream Machine or Not to use one?
This is the question. I have had my ice cream machine longer than I've been married (this year will be 15 years, in case you are curious). It's a workhorse. And I absolutely love the ice cream it makes.
Making ice cream using a machine is actually much simpler than most people would think. And the machine itself is inexpensive (the one I have, at least!) making it well worth the investment.
BUT, there are many times, especially lately, when I'm too busy to break out the ice cream machine or too lazy. And, darn it, I just want a super quick and easy ice cream recipe! Is that too much to ask for?!
Nope, my friends, it's not. Making ice cream at home couldn't be easier than with this no-churn recipe.
How to Make No-Churn Ice Cream
Whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks. Fold it into the condensed milk mixture. Freeze. You're done.
Tips for Making No-Churn Ice Cream
- Making this no-churn ice cream requires heavy cream that is cold. Unlike in baking recipes where room temperature ingredients are ideal to allow the ingredients to come together well, using cold cream here is ideal. This will help the ice cream become, well, ice cream and will speed up the freezing process
- This vanilla ice cream recipe needs at least a few hours to freeze completely before it's 'ready'. I say that with quotes around it because you can totally dive in right after you make it. The ice cream will be very soupy, but it'll still taste delish! Ideally, you want to freeze this ice cream for at least 2 hours, preferably 4, before it's scoop-able like churned ice cream
- Speaking of soupiness, this ice cream melts very quickly once it's out of the freezer! Much more quickly than churned ice cream. The good news is, you don't have to struggle to scoop this ice cream straight outta the freezer. However, you'll want to stick the container back into the freezer straight away after scooping out your servings so it doesn't turn into a soupy mess
Useful Kitchen Tools for Making No-Churn Ice Cream
Like this recipe? Follow me on Pinterest for lots more recipes just like this one! And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on one of the images below the recipe. Or, click on any of the images in this post to save to Pinterest.
Looking for more ice cream recipes? Give these a try (some of these do require an ice cream machine):
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories280
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 11.6g 58%
- Cholesterol 60mg 20%
- Sodium 261.2mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 25.2g
- Protein 4.7g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Notice: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. By clicking on any of these links, you are consenting to us to place cookies on your browser.