Are you an ice cream lover? Are you a lover of easy recipes? K, good cuz then you’re in the right place. Making ice cream at home could not be simpler than this No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream recipe!
Just a few ingredients (seriously!) and you’re in business. Creamy, rich, frozen deliciousness served up and ready to be drizzled, sprinkled or coned. (yes that’s a word)
Please note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made by clicking the links in my post.
To Use an Ice Cream Machine or Not to use one?
This is the question. I have had my ice cream machine longer than I’ve been married (this year will be 15 years, in case you are curious). It’s a workhorse. And I absolutely love the ice cream it makes.
Making ice cream using a machine is actually much simpler than most people would think. And the machine itself is inexpensive (the one I have, at least!) making it well worth the investment.
BUT, there are many times, especially lately, when I’m too busy to break out the ice cream machine or too lazy. And, darn it, I just want a super quick and easy ice cream recipe! Is that too much to ask for?!
Nope, my friends, it’s not. Making ice cream at home couldn’t be easier than with this no-churn recipe.
How to Make No-Churn Ice Cream
Whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks. Fold it into the condensed milk mixture. Freeze. You’re done.
Tips for Making No-Churn Ice Cream
- Making this no-churn ice cream requires heavy cream that is cold. Unlike in baking recipes where room temperature ingredients are ideal to allow the ingredients to come together well, using cold cream here is ideal. This will help the ice cream become, well, ice cream and will speed up the freezing process
- This vanilla ice cream recipe needs at least a few hours to freeze completely before it’s ‘ready’. I say that with quotes around it because you can totally dive in right after you make it. The ice cream will be very soupy, but it’ll still taste delish! Ideally, you want to freeze this ice cream for at least 2 hours, preferably 4, before it’s scoop-able like churned ice cream
- Speaking of soupiness, this ice cream melts very quickly once it’s out of the freezer! Much more quickly than churned ice cream. The good news is, you don’t have to struggle to scoop this ice cream straight outta the freezer. However, you’ll want to stick the container back into the freezer straight away after scooping out your servings so it doesn’t turn into a soupy mess
Useful Kitchen Tools for Making No-Churn Ice Cream
Like this recipe? Follow me on Pinterest for lots more recipes just like this one! And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on one of the images below the recipe. Or, click on any of the images in this post to save to Pinterest.
Looking for more ice cream recipes? Give these a try (some of these do require an ice cream machine):Print
No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
Making ice cream at home doesn’t get any easier than this No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream recipe! It uses minimal ingredients but brings all the creaminess!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes + 4 hours freezing time
- Yield: 12 cups 1x
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: No Churn
- Cuisine: American
- Prepare ice cream base: In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Set aside
- Whip the cream: In the bowl of a stand mixer, pour in the heavy cream and whip using the whisk attachment on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Fold about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the ice cream base using a rubber spatula until combined. Add the remaining whipped cream and fold into the ice cream base until well blended
- Freeze: Pour the ice cream into a 8×4 or 9×5 metal loaf pan, cover and freeze at least 2 hours, ideally 4 hours or more
- Store ice cream in the freezer in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 months
Keywords: no churn ice cream, vanilla ice cream, homemade vanilla ice cream recipe, homemade vanilla ice cream, homemade ice cream with condensed milk, sweetened condensed milk ice cream, no churn ice cream recipes, sweetened condensed milk ice cream recipe, homemade ice cream no machine, no churn vanilla ice cream, homemade ice cream with sweetened condensed milk and whipping cream, ice cream recipe no machine, ice cream recipe without machine, homemade ice cream no churn, vanilla ice cream recipes, easy ice cream recipe, easy vanilla ice cream recipe, simple ice cream recipe, easy homemade vanilla ice cream, nut free recipe
Notice: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. By clicking on any of these links, you are consenting to us to place cookies on your browser.