If you are a Mounds or Almond Joy lover, these Coconut Balls are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. This no bake recipe comes together with just a few simple ingredients. Chocolate coconut balls are made of coconut, sweetened condensed milk and almonds then dipped in dark chocolate making for the perfect sweet treat!
Of course, you can skip the chocolate and almonds and serve these treats as delightful two-ingredient coconut truffles, too!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why you’ll love this recipe
This easy recipe will soon become one of your go-to recipes. Here are just a few reasons why:
- this is a no bake dessert recipe that makes delicious treats everyone will love
- made from basic ingredients including coconut and sweetened condensed milk
- can be topped with almonds and/or decadent chocolate coating that's made from only two ingredients!
Ingredients & Substitutions
This great recipe only requires two ingredients to make basic coconut balls. Chocolate, however, makes for a great addition to this no bake coconut balls recipe, if you'd like.
Here's a list of the handful of ingredients you may need, depending on your preferences, to make this easy dessert recipe:
- Unsweetened flake coconut: This is also known as desiccated coconut. Do not substitute with sweetened shredded coconut or sweet coconut, as this will not work in this recipe.
- Sweetened condensed milk: This can be found in the baking aisle typically. You'll need one 14 ounce can
- Whole almonds: Be sure to use roasted and unsalted whole almonds for this recipe. This ingredient is optional
- Dark chocolate: To make these delicious coconut balls into coconut chocolate balls, you'll need bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate bar
- Coconut oil: Refined or unrefined coconut oil may be used. Unrefined coconut oil has a stronger coconut flavor than does refined. The coconut oil helps make the chocolate thinner for a smoother finish when drizzled on the coconut balls
How to make No Bake Coconut Balls
Step 3: Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out the coconut mixture and squeeze together in your hands, making sure the mixture forms small balls of coconut that hold together. Roll between your palms until smooth. Roll in extra coconut, if desired. Repeat with remaining mixture, placing the coconut balls on the baking tray lined with waxed paper. Place in the fridge to chill 30-60 minutes. This will help the coconut balls hold together
Step 4: Optional: In a small microwave-safe bowl or heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in 30-second increment, stirring well in between, until melted and smooth. A double boiler may be used instead
Step 5: Optional: Place a whole almond on top of each coconut ball, pressing gently into the top. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the coconut balls until evenly coated, if desired. Sprinkle the tops with more coconut, if desired
Step 6: Place the coconut balls in the fridge or leave at room temperature about an hour until the chocolate sets
- Store the coconut balls in an airtight container or ziploc bag in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
- The best way to coat the coconut balls in chocolate is to hold a fork over a bowl, placing the coconut ball on the fork. Spoon the melted chocolate over the coconut ball until it's completely covered. Gently tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Carefully place the coconut ball on the prepared baking sheet by nudging it off the fork with another fork or spoon
Like this recipe? Follow me on Pinterest for lots more recipes just like this one! And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on one of the images below the recipe. Or, click on any of the images in this post to save to Pinterest.
Coconut balls are made of flaked coconut, or desiccated coconut, and condensed milk.
Choco balls are made by melting together dark chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. Spoon the melted chocolate over top of the coconut balls and allow the chocolate to set.
FOR ALL MY FAVORITE BAKING TOOLS INCLUDING THOSE USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE, CHECK OUT MY BAKING RESOURCES PAGE!
Did you enjoy a KICKASS BAKER recipe? Please share a comment and leave a 5 Star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Rating on this recipe! We appreciate you sharing your feedback!
- 3 cups unsweetened flake coconut (desiccated coconut) plus more for rolling
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- whole almonds roasted and unsalted (optional)
- 8 ounces dark chocolate semisweet or bittersweet (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large bowl, add the coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Stir together until well combined
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out the coconut mixture and squeeze together in your hands, making sure the mixture forms a ball. Roll between your palms until smooth. Roll in extra coconut, if desired. Repeat with remaining mixture, placing the coconut balls on the prepared baking tray. Place in the fridge to chill 30-60 minutes
- Optional: In a small bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well in between, until melted and smooth
- Optional: Place a whole almond on top of each coconut ball, pressing gently into the top. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the coconut balls until evenly coated, if desired. Sprinkle the tops with more coconut, if desired
- Place in the fridge or leave at room temperature about an hour or until the chocolate sets
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks