Nothing beats an easy, no-bake dessert recipe, especially in the warmer months. This no bake Nutella pie with Oreo crust is next level! You'll be making this recipe on repeat all summer long.
No-bake Nutella pie starts with an Oreo cookie crust that gets a generous filling of whipped cream and Nutella. As far as easy recipes go, this one is tops!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
No Bake Nutella Pie
A chocolate cookie crust, almost a full jar of Nutella, and heavy cream. These are the main ingredients in this super easy dessert. Perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth who happens to love Nutella flavor!
No one wants to turn on the oven and bake when it's super hot outside, if they can avoid it. This cream pie takes about 15 minutes to put together and the freezer does the rest. It serves about 8 people, 6 if you're being generous with your slices, and 10 if everyone just wants a sliver.
Another great no bake dessert option that is easy to cut into bite size squares is this Summery No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Bars or these No Bake Coconut Balls with Condensed Milk bite-sized balls that will remind you of a candy bar. Your mouth will be happy with whatever you decide to share!
Preparing the Oreo Pie Crust
This is one easy-to-put-together pie crust! Grab a package of Oreo cookies (I use the regular Oreos) and crush about 30 of the cookies into fine crumbs. To do this, you have a couple of options. The easiest way is to place all the cookies into the bowl of a food processor and process for about 30-60 seconds.
If you do not have a food processor, place the cookies in a large ziplock bag, seal, and use a wooden mallet, the end of a rolling pin or flat bottom of a frying pan to pound the cookies until they're finely ground. Be careful not to puncture the bag while doing so!
Add the crushed cookies to a large bowl, add the melted butter and pinch of salt and mix until blended. Press crumbs into a pie pan (I recommend a 9-inch round pie pan) into an even layer, making sure to press the crust up the sides of the pie pan, as well.
Pro Tip: To make the cookie crust flat and even, use the flat bottom of a measuring cup to press down firmly on the crust.
Place in the freezer to set while making the Nutella filling.
Nutella Whipped Cream Pie Filling
The next layer is a fabulous mixture of heavy whipping cream and Nutella. That's it! Oh, and a pinch of salt. The salt does not take the filling salty. Rather, it enhances the sweetness and creates balance to the filling. So do not skip adding it!
Pro Tip for making whipped cream: Stick the mixing bowl and whisk attachment(s) of your electric mixer in the freezer for at least 10 minutes before adding the whipped cream. And be sure the whipped cream is cold. Both of these steps will ensure your whipped cream whips up quickly.
To finish, add to the top of the pie chopped hazelnuts (I'd recommend toasting them first!), more crushed Oreos (like I did here), or chocolate shavings. Use a vegetable peeler to get those nice chocolate curls from a chocolate bar.
Ingredients Needed to Make No-Bake Nutella Pie With Oreo Crust
Here is a list of the 5 ingredients you'll need to make this recipe:
- Oreo cookies
- Melted Butter
- Heavy Cream
- Nutella hazelnut spread
Looking for more no-bake recipes? Give these a try:
FOR ALL MY FAVORITE BAKING TOOLS INCLUDING THOSE USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE, CHECK OUT MY BAKING RESOURCES PAGE!
- 3 cups crushed Oreo cookies about 30 cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- pinch kosher salt
Nutella Whipped Cream Filling
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream chilled
- 1 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- To a large mixing bowl, add crushed oreos, melted butter and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined
- Press into an even layer into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle or whisk attachment affixed (or in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), add the heavy cream. Start on low and gradually increase speed until soft peaks form, about 3-4 minutes. Stop the mixer and add in the Nutella and salt. Continue whipping until stiff peaks form, another 2-3 minutes. Scrape bottom and sides of the bowl and whip again to ensure all has been evenly incorporated
- Spread the nutella whipped cream on top of the cold crust. Freeze for about 2 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream and crushed oreos, if desired