I could eat this Refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint all summer. Watermelon, the quintessential summer fruit, pairs so well with briny feta and fresh mint to bring together a mouthful of happiness in every refreshing bite.
You will make this salad again and again this summer. It comes together quickly, too, and no oven required. Does it get any better than that for a summer recipe? Not in my book!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you.
Watermelon Salad makes for the best Summer Side
The only downside to me making this salad is that my kids and husband try to eat all the watermelon before I can throw together the fixings for the dressing and toss it all together!
Plus, this recipe is too "fancy" for them. Ugh... this is my life - I make delicious food, sometimes they try it, sometimes they don't.
If they try it and like it, they probably won't eat anymore of it. If they try it and don't like it, they definitely won't eat anymore of it.
Does anyone else have this problem with their family?? Sometimes I'm okay with this because it means more for me. In other cases, I end up giving away my goodies to friends, neighbors, our babysitter, strangers..
Salad without lettuce is the best kind of salad
I've seen this watermelon salad made with arugula before. And while I am all for getting my greens in, and I particularly like arugula for it's peppery flavor, I prefer this salad without the added greens.
It can be served as side dish this way, too, which I like. A salad minus the salad part is the best kind, in my opinion.
And, for another easy summery salad recipe, check out my Avocado Corn Salad with White Balsamic Honey Reduction - it's always a crowd-pleaser at my summer picnics and pool parties!
Like this recipe? Follow me on Pinterest for lots more recipes. And don’t forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on the image below the recipe or by clicking on any of the images in this post!
Looking for more summer BBQ recipes? Give these a try:
- ½ navel orange juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 lemons juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 large shallot minced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups seedless watermelon cut into small cubes
- 12 ounces feta cheese diced into small cubes
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
Prepare the Dressing
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly.
- Set aside in a mason jar and cover with lid.
Prepare the Salad
- In a large bowl, stir together gently the watermelon, feta, and mint.
- Give mason jar a good shake and drizzle salad with dressing just to coat.
- Toss lightly, being sure to coat all ingredients well.
- Adjust amount of dressing and salt/pepper as desired.
- Serve and enjoy the refreshingness!
- I like to make this salad ahead of time, leaving all of the salad components and dressing stored in separate containers until just before serving
- You will most likely have extra dressing. Store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to two weeks
- Recipe inspired by and adapted from Ina Garten
Notice: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.